A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the National Diploma in Civil Engineering on meeting any of the following minimum qualifications:
Advanced Level Entry Scheme:
At least One Principal Pass in either Physics or Mathematics obtained at the same sitting of the Advanced Level Examinations or its equivalent. For purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall be classified as follows:
- Essential – Physics and Mathematics x3
- Relevant – Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing, Metalwork or Woodwork x2 as the third done and performed.
- Desirable – General Paper and sub ICT x 1
Certificate Entry Scheme
At least a National or Advanced Certificate from a recognised Institution in;
- Block laying and concrete practice,
- Carpentry and joinery
- Painting and decoration
- Any other engineering field as will be approved by the Joint Admissions Board of Ministry of education and sports.